Eight Characters I would love to see in Star Wars Destiny Legacies
Fantasy Flight Games yesterday showed off some of the next core set release for Star Wars Destiny called Legacies and I have fully become addicted to this game. Now that this represents the 4th wave I expect it to round out the whole collection and get the remaining coveted characters into play and I give my picks for 8 characters I want to see. The new starter sets will finally deliver Boba Fett and make Luke Skywalker and Han Solo more accessible as they were both Legendary rares in the Awakenings line. They also leaked Wedge Antilles, Doctor Aphra and a young Obi Wan Kenobi so I didn't include any of them. I peppered some of the teased cards throughout the article if you want to check them out.
1. Yoda - With Boba being in the next starter set Yoda remains the last of the great characters that hasn't made an appearance and it will be interesting to see what abilities they give him. I would like to see him strong enough to run solo like Emperor Palpatine as Yoda is the only character from the heroes that could deserve that treatment since they already released Mace Windu and didn't make him a super power.
2. Rancor - As I mentioned with Yoda the game only has one single character deck and I think some variety there could be interesting. Maybe a character where you can't remove his dice which is the Achilles heel of a Palpatine deck. I think with Rancor he could have crazy dice but he can't wield weapons or something like that. It would be a unique deck for people to crash into.
3 and 4. An aggressive hero is needed and I pitch Cassian Andor or an Angry Luke Skywalker from Return of the Jedi. The competitive scene loves fast aggressive decks and that is almost exclusively in the villain field with the exceptions being Han Solo and Poe from the first line. I think a hero that fit that archetype would be great. Thematically it can be strong where it is Luke giving in to his anger to defeat Vader, and possible unique abilities could be the ability to use villain blue powers or something. As for Cassian he showed he could be ruthless in Rogue One which would make him fairly unique in the hero side. Maybe give him some synergy with K-2SO who seemed a little expensive and therefore tough to use in the Empire at War set so it would rescue the value of that character as a bonus. Angry Luke is not likely to come in this next set since Luke is in the starter and I doubt they double down on him.
5. Darth Maul - One of the best remaining villains and with his dual blade light saber maybe give him a unique ability to divide his damage among two characters which could avoid over damaging a finished character, or give him smaller damage sides but allow him to resolve twice.
6. Greedo - He is shown on a lot of event and item cards so lets get him in the game. I think as a cheap assassin he could be useful. Maybe make a thematic element where he sucks at close range shooting and is actually a melee fighter which is why getting in a shooting match with Han was a terrible idea. Or all his damage sides are modified damage so he is only good with another ranged character.
7. Cannon Fodder - Sometimes you want to make a pairing but it isn't possible to get the team point total close enough to 30 to make it viable. Right now 7 is the lowest possible character price and I think it might be time to give both Heroes and Villains a crappy character to round out some scores. Obvious nominees would be Ewoks or Gungans for the heroes and standard Stormtroopers or maybe Battle Droids or a Geonosian soldier for the villains. The next set does add "Plot" cards to fill up team scores to 30 so I imagine we will wait a little longer for these cheap characters.
8. Saw Gerrera - Forest Whitaker's extremist rebel could be a fun new archtype for the hero side that could be heavy on disrupt (resource destruction) and be good at countering heavy resource or mill decks in a manner other than just killing them faster. Maybe doing damage based on how many resources they have since thematically it would make them a juicier target. Or having more skill at removing your opponents upgrades and equipment.
Those are my picks feel free to comment on anyone you would love to see in the comments. Maybe Wicket? Nien Nu