New Gameplay trailer for Monster Boy and the Cursed Kingdom
Based on the older Sega franchise Wonder Boy in Monster Land, a reboot of sorts has been planned for awhile now. Transform into six different characters with unique abilities to aid you in your quest. The Monster Land series has been lost over the years, despite turning out several great games during the 16-bit era. Monster Boy and the Cursed Kingdom boasts modernized graphics, super smooth gameplay, and the retro style that many love. This game is scheduled to release during Q1 in 2017 on Steam, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One. Check out the press release and trailer below:
A legendary video game series returns with an all-new experience for today’s consoles and Steam! Monster Boy and The Cursed Kingdom continues the colorful side-scrolling action-adventure tradition and is being created in cooperation with Ryuichi Nishizawa, the creator of the Wonder Boy TM and Monster World TM series that first debuted thirty years ago.
True to the beloved franchise, Monster Boy and The Cursed Kingdom celebrates the best content of the series including the popular transformation feature that allows Monster Boyto take five different animal forms. Each character has unique skills and abilities needed to unlock new paths and advance in a connected world full of secrets, huge boss battles, magical power attacks and loveable characters. Unlike in Monster World II though, players now have free reign to hot-swap characters at any time for endless gameplay variety.
Monster Boy and The Cursed Kingdom recaptures the enjoyment of classic games that shine in their simplicity: pure, adrenaline-pumping gameplay, upbeat music and smooth graphics, but packaged in 1080p at 60 frames-per-second. Access to the entire library of characters, graphic assets, sounds and music from the complete Wonder Boy series makes it a true spiritual successor and love letter to gaming from the 80s and 90s.
• Based on the Legendary Wonder Boy Monster World TM Series: Meet old and new characters from the popular classic game series rendered in beautiful hi-res 2D and full HD for the first time!
• Created in Collaboration with Series Creator Ryuichi Nishizawa: Supervised by the legendary series creator for faithful implementation of the original franchise
• Huge Adventure World: Explore a vast and completely connected world full of secrets, monsters and loveable characters. You’ll find yourself traversing dozens of locations like lush forests, haunted mansion, pirate ship, dark caves and even a scorching hot volcano
• The Power of Six Playable Characters: Hot-swap between up to six different characters for great gameplay variety and re-playability. Each character’s unique ability unlocks exciting new ways to play and beat the game, find new secrets and overcome formerly impossible traps and obstacles
• Magical Powers: Unlock five magical powers to cast special attacks like whirlwind or fireballs
• Legendary Composers for the Ultimate Original Sound Track: The list of composers is epic. Monster Boy and The Cursed Kingdom’s soundtrack was created by the Legendary Yuzo Koshiro (Streets of Rage and many more), Motoi Sakuraba (Tales of Series), Michiru Yamane (Castlevania), Keiki Kobayashi (Ace, Super Smash Bros) and in the game performed by the famous Haruka Shimotsuki (Atelier Game-Series).
• Re-Arranged Music from the Wonder Boy Series: Monster Boy and The Cursed Kingdom introduces all-new music tracks including completely re-arranged music from the original series. Hear the famous chiptunes composed by Shinichi Sakamoto brought to life by musicians recording live in studio for a truly memorable soundtrack.