The Steam Summer Sale has come and gone and while they again didn't feature a fun mini-game and the sale was light on AAA titles we still got an infusion of games to play. For me the sale was a chance to pick up a bunch of classics I slept on or wanted to revisit.
- Call of Juarez:Gunslinger - I heard this title was short and sweet and the price was right. I also find I am really missing Read Dead Redemption and hope this will scratch the itch a bit longer.
- Day of the Tentacle Remastered - I am not certain that I beat this game and I need to correct that. I also want to see the remastering work.
- Garry's Mod - This game has had a loyal following and regular updates for a decade, it is time for me to check it out.
- LucasArts Collection - A collection of classic games including Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis and Loom.
- Monkey Island Remastered Collection - Like the LucasArts collection and Day of the Tentacle I was feeling nostalgic during this sale and locked up another set of games I used to love.
- Windward - A naval transport and combat game that has been burning a hole in my wishlist. I bought a copy for Chris as well to make him play it with me. I have enjoyed the first few hours of game play immensely.
Chris picked up:
- Axiom Verge - A Metroid-vania game with a 16-bit style. This
has been on my list for over a year now, time to see what all of the hype is about.
- Bioshock Collection with Season Pass - All three Bioshocks with DLC. Never played Bioshock 2 or Bioshock Infinite. I loved the first game so much I actually finished it. Free upgrade to the Remastered version when it comes out this Fall.
- Final Fantasy V - Dean says this is the best Final Fantasy game ever. I doubt it, but I am going to give it a shot.
- Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Fathers HD - Remastered version of the classic murder mystery point-and-click adventure game from Sierra. Had my eye on this for awhile too.
- Total Annihilation - The classic RTS that made Command and Conquer look like crap, it's a near perfect game and holds up today.
- Pixel Boy and the Ever Expanding Dungeon - Was very cheap, also had this on the list for a long time as well. Looks decent.
- Monkey Island Remastered Collection - Two classic LucasArts games remastered. What's not to love?
- Ticket To Ride Complete Collection - The classic train building board game with all DLC for under $15. Internet play with friends across the country is the goal.
- Undertale - Got to see what all the hype is about. An RPG where pacifism is key? Weird idea, but very intriguing.
- Defender's Quest: Valley of the Forgotten - An older title, but I really felt like playing a tower defense game. Reviews seem to be decent, so I will give it a go.