E3 has a TON of information that flows throughout the event. Between all of the press events, "leaks" and everything else, there is a ton of information to sort through. Here we will recap each day with our thoughts, starting with EA and Bethesda's announcements yesterday. My bullet points, and Dean's retort in below:
- Titanfall 2 announced, has a single player campaign and a really neat collector's edition that includes a helmet.
- Now that Titanfall will have a single player mode I might actually play it. The game looked interesting but since I wasn’t an early adapter of the Xbox One it was already worthless by the time I joined the fray. I mean who doesn’t like Mech Suits?
- EA is focusing on the e-sports events which have been increasingly popular over the years, the focus will start with Madden.
- Madden is football like Foosball is Soccer. They should focus on making a good game for once in a decade.
- FIFA '17: The Journey will have a story mode where a player is followed and focuses on a day in the life of an International soccer star. This story mode will not be found in the 360/PS3 versions of the game.
- Glad to see Soccer getting serious, still waiting on the crowd fighting feature. Something akin to Pit Fighter.
- Battlefield 1 is keeping it old school with a World War I focus. There are biplanes which has be sold. Also a zeppelin crashed and burned in the latest trailer. Game is going to be good, I can feel it.
- Bayoneting is something we have yet to have done right in a game. It should be one of the most intense things in a FPS game.
- Mass Effect Andromeda was previewed, revealing more information on the story. Unfortunately not releasing this year, but in March of 2017.
- Is there a pre-order special edition yet? I might take time off work for this one.
- Many Star Wars games are in development, lots of major developers like DICE, Visceral, Bioware, Respawn, and more working on titles in the franchise.
- Lando’s Adventures sounds like a series of games to me. How about a Mortal Kombat style game featuring all the Bounty Hunters? An R2-D2 platformer where you have to help C-3PO navigate tough terrain without dying? Like you place bridges over holes and zap bad guys and the whole time he yells at you.
- EA is publishing several indie titles under a new brand called EA Originals. A game named "Fe" was shown in depth.
- For some reason I can’t believe EA and Indie can co-exist.
- Virtual Reality is something that Bethesda is committed to, will release the full version Fallout 4 for the HTC Vive in 2017. Doom VR also coming, platform and date unavailable.
- I do not want my first VR experience to be getting mauled by a Deathclaw. Doom is the stuff of nightmares, I will play that with a degree of separation as well.
- Dishonored 2 was shown to us, a collector's edition announced that will be in very limited quantities.
- Prey is getting a reboot. Remember that Prey 2 was cancelled many years ago, surprising they are revisiting this again.
- Fallout Shelter update coming soon, new locations, enemies, and combat system.
- Fallout 4 upcoming DLC includes a mode to build your own vault and conduct experiments ont he residents. The final DLC "Nuka World" an amusement park that Raiders have invaded and called home.
- I beat Fallout 4 and was disappointed. I have moved on. The “sad no matter what you do” ending ruined the idea of staying in the world having adventures.
- Quake is coming back in a big way with "Quake Champions" created by ID software the makers of Wolfenstein and Doom. This will be a multi-player arena FPS.
- Get out your Jolt Cola!
- Skyrim is getting a remaster for Xbox One and PS4 on disc for $60, if you have the PC version with all of the DLC, an upgrade will be free this Fall.
- Great for people who didn’t play it. I loved the 60 plus hours I spent in Skyrim, but I don’t see a reason to go do it all again. Maybe if they add in the Macho Man Mod for consoles.
- Elder Scrolls Legends is a card game that resembles Hearthstone and will be available on PC, Mac, iOS, and Android.